21.12.15

How to look cute when you just woke up

Hello, everyone!
Let me introduce...This is Mickey. Thank you, SAVVY88 from USA, for letting me paint him in my favorite medium watercolor.

Mickey just woke up.
He just woke up. And while he get dressed let's choose color palette for him.

Exclusive step by step tutorial!

This is very first layer, light sketch but without a pencil. Lucky one. I already see my subject, aren't you?

Original Mickey portrait watercolor bu Olga Peregood. Stage 1. Light sketch and palette

Connect color dots with water and see more colors while mixing process.

Color palette for future dog portrait

Once we happy with the palette let's go forward! Paint Mickey's left eye and nose with dark bold color.

Original Mickey portrait watercolor bu Olga Peregood. Stage 2. Adding eye and nose

He is looking at me. Already. Leave his right eye for later or forever. Paint an ear, so Mickey can hear us.

Original Mickey portrait watercolor bu Olga Peregood. Stage 3. Adding an ear

Continue develop top edge of a head, work on negative shape and a background. Look painting is almost done! Finally using Quinacridone Red and Purple from palette.

Original Mickey portrait watercolor bu Olga Peregood. Stage 4. Adding background

Wait while salt completely dry and paint soft fur. And that's it! Good morning, Mickey! Iwish everyone looks as cute as you when woke up in the morning!

Original Mickey portrait watercolor bu Olga Peregood. Final result
The moment I showed watercolor painting to owner I received another request to paint bulldog from another customer! I'm so busy artist right now.
~L~
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© lazywonderbrush | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig